Awards Fashion!

 




I admittedly, am NOT a fashionista. Not even close to a fashionista. Ever. I prefer loose, comfy, cozy, and things that would no doubt horrify a true fashionista. 

But I do like to look at the beautiful fashion on tv, especially at the awards shows, while I sit all comfy in my pjs and snuggled in a fluffy, soft blanket at home. You know, the awards are given for Best Movie or Best Song of the Year, and the singers, actors, performers, and all those production behind-the-scenes people who make the magic of a song or movie or television show happen.

While I watch the Red Carpet looks, I usually talk to friends (either phone or online) about what we like and don't like. And I imagine my characters, especially Ally (Let Me Know) and Kirsten (Take on Me) doing the exact same thing...although, in Kirsten's case, she and her Hollywood megastar hubby would probably be ON the Red Carpet!

And I have to admit... I long for the old glam days of Hollywood, where the ladies arrived decked to the nines in gorgeous flowing gowns, elegant hairstyles, sparkling jewelry, and long satin gloves. Grace Kelly. Audrey H. Elizabeth T. Le sighs. 


Audrey and Grace
Audrey and Grace


Elizabeth


'Modern' Glam


But that said...Award Shows are vastly different in their presentations. Perhaps because of the target audience. And I'm very, very aware that what is 'fashion' is often determined by a very select few, and like books, movies, songs, and shows, is truly 'in the eye of the beholder'. What *I* consider gorgeous and what I think is ridiculous isn't the same as what others think. 

Take, for example, some awards, where 'causal' and 'bare the most skin' seem to be the fashion headliners. I don't think sheer nor a few strips of cloth over private areas is a good look for anyone, even if you have the 'perfect' body. Sorry, not sorry, I just don't. 

Um..well...um...no


The UK BAFTA Awards seem the closest to the old glam I long to see, with the Oscars and SAG (Screen Actor Guild) the closest. The BAFTA Awards even have the Prince and Princess of Wales attend! The ladies are almost always gorgeous attired in flowy dresses of gorgeous textures and colors, amazing hairstyles, and incredible sparkly jewelry. 

Prince & Princess of Wales...WOW


Oh WOW...Dua Lipa


Da'Vine looks divine!



At this year's (2024) SAG awards...wow:

Taraji P. Henson



All the Stars are Shining bright!

 What are your favorite awards show fashion? Would your characters watch the Red Carpet, too? What would they say? And wear?

Comments