Book 4 in the 
Weddings by C & C Series!

TAKE ON ME

It's with great pleasure and delight I introduce you to the next Weddings by C & C book. These two found their way into my heart and patiently bore with me through the months and years, a complete rewrite, and several twists and turns to their tale being told.

And they tell it well if I do say so myself -s-

While Books 1-3 in the series focused on the Founders of C & C and their children, the next few books are focused more on friends and families. 

In 'Take on Me', you meet six very handsome cowboys and a landscape much different from tiny Abbyville, NC or Hilo, Hawaii. You'll also meet one determined 'runaway bride' and the World's Sexiest Man.

Cowboy, anyone?


But I jump ahead...

Tom Williamson defines 'megastar'. At the top of his field, his face, body, and lifestyle is known to millions. He appears to have it all, and more. It takes a literal woman falling into his lap to realize all is not what it seems.

Tom just needed a brief dip...


Kirsten is Tom's ultimate fangirl. His face decorates her fantasies, sleeping and awake. Him, in the flesh, asking her for dinner is a dream come true. The undeniable chemistry between them leads to a series of spiraling events that charts the globe and could, maybe, possibly, lead to the love of a lifetime.

Tom and Kir's story is, I admit, partially grounded in real life, as all good stories are. Don't we wish the object of our dreams would look at us, talk to us, give us an unforgettable night? Maybe, just possibly, a kiss or a LOOK?

My fangirl crush. One of them -w-


For me, it's the actor who plays Sherlock and Doctor Strange. If he EVER turned those eyes on me....*fans*. The odds are greater for me to win the Powerball lottery than for that ever to happen.

But for Kir...it becomes all too real, all too fast. And it's not a dream.

I also have a big family. It's rewarding, loving, infuriating and hell on earth sometimes. For Tom, who has never truly known what 'family' is, meeting Kir's 6 brothers is eye-opening. And when events turn tragic, Family is created in ways no one could foresee.

Bit of a subtle (as a brick) hint...


Like Tom, I reinvented myself to escape a pain I couldn't face. It takes courage to start fresh from nothing. It takes compassion to understand a person who could.

And I may not be a 'megastar' but I realize how life on the 'other side' of the spotlight is NOT fame, glory, and gold. It's intrusive, it's demeaning, and it can be deadly. Many relationships can't survive the glare of the media. Tom and Kirsten will be tested in ways neither could imagine.



And I have dreams and goals. Don't we all? I freely acknowledge what I saw for myself at age 20, even age 30, is FAR from where I actually am. Dreams and Goals can, and really should change. 

As one of my favorite Doctors says, (sorta paraphrasing here) "We all change, move on, become different people, and that's okay. As long as we don't forget the people we used to be."

I'm not who I dreamed I would be. I'd like to think I'm better. I didn't meet all my Goals (yet!) but I also took paths and found people, experiences, places, LIFE I never expected. And I'm a better person for it all.
But I never forget that girl who once lay on a hot Summer ground under a Carolina blue sky and dreamed. Because even if she grew up, she's still very much alive and kicking inside me.

I'll always seek the Love Story -s-


And that girl is jumping up and down screaming with delight at giving you 'Take on Me' to read. Let me know what you think of Tom and Kirsten's incredible journey. 

Now...find a quiet place, fix the pillows, have some chocolate nut clusters at hand, and take a wild flight with Tom and Kirsten. We've got a story to share with you.





Comments