GUEST AUTHOR: KELLY RYAN


I have today GUEST AUTHOR and Friend KELLY RYAN. Her latest Breathless Press Release, Taking Pleasure Where You Can, is a Timeless Flirt. And it's Amazing!



A big thank you to Mia for letting me stop by and talk a little about writing on her blog today! I thought that today I would tackle a question I get asked a lot when I say I am a romance author, which is why do I write romance? It seems that over time romance has gotten a bad wrap and I am going to talk about why this is such a great genre to write in!

So why do I write romance? First, because I like romance. Duh! But a very close second is the fact that there are so many genres that I can explore while within romance itself. I started off writing paranormal romance because that is kind of my thing, I love things that go bump in the night. I have written about zombies, vampires, shifters and ghosts, oh my! But I have recently started to branch out and explore other genres as well. I have a contemporary book out. I just signed a contract for a fantasy novel. And my latest release, Taking Pleasure Where You Can, is my first historical work, taking place in WWII. 

See I've covered the gambit from horror, paranormal, contemporary, fantasy, to historical and all in the same genre, romance. I can't think of another area of writing that gives me so much freedom to come up with storylines and then just go with them. I can stay in the same genre and yet cover so many other areas that it keeps it exciting for me as a writer, and hopefully for my readers as well.
The one other aspect I love about romance are the happy endings. Not all of them are then the prince married her and they lived happily ever after, but most of the books end with the character simply happy. And if you ask me, with all the horror in the real world, sometimes I just want to end things happy, whether in my writing or reading. There are times for Game of Thrones type everyone dies endings, but with romance I know that people are usually happy, though some people die in my books, but the main characters are doing ok in the end and that makes me feel good.

So there you have it, the very simple but powerful reasons that I love and write romance!

Blurbs from Taking Pleasure Where You Can:

John never thought that he would be the same after Pearl Harbor, then he set eyes on Imee and everything changed.
Ever since Pearl Harbor John had become a shell of a man, not able to move on from the trauma. One night out with the guys and one woman were about to change everything.
Excerpt:
Joe seemed to know everyone, and everyone seemed keen to be near him. It made it much easier for the quiet by nature and still healing John to slowly make some friends. Once the drinks started flowing, he even began to loosen up a bit. He missed hanging out with guys, telling stories, joking around, and laughing. His Captain had been right; this was what he needed and what his friends who had passed on would want. He was beginning to feel alive again, and it felt good. Then he caught sight of her.

Author Bio:

Kelly Ryan, aka Sheri Velarde, lives in New Mexico with her fiancé and two dogs, and grew up with a fascination for all things that "go bump in the night", so it is no wonder that she turned to writing paranormal romance among other genres of romance. She is an avid exerciser and gets some of her best ideas while on runs. She also has a bit of a wild side, which only leads to inspiration for her writing.

Being an avid reader since an early age, she has wanted to be a writer for as long as she can remember. She has been writing all her life, but only recently started to actually try to pursue her dream of writing for a living.

She is constantly putting out new material, so it is best to keep up with her on her website.
Kelly/Sheri is a multi-published author; you can keep up to date with all things Kelly Ryan/Sheri Velarde at: www.sherivelarde.weebly.com.


And remember: Flirts are not only awesome little stories, perfect for a soak in the tub, lunch time get away or quick beach read, but also very affordable AND include coupons for discounts on future books so you never have to pay full price! How much better could a book deal be?

Comments